Sunday, October 4, 2009

Crow Hill Aid

This weekend was really wet, so I just did a half day with Dunbar today at Crow Hill. It was pretty simple: I led Crow-Magnon, Dunbar jugged it, Dunbar led Jane, I jugged it, and then we both top-roped Jane. Dunbar had never led any aid or jugged before, so I think he was psyched. The gear at Crow Hill is tricky. There are a lot of flaring pockets. Fortunately, there was hardly anyone there to disturb us, which was surprising, given that the sun was out. We almost got Jane (5.11ish). It was getting dark and the holds seemed quite greasy, but I almost got it on toprope. I should think about leading it. I need to figure out exactly what gear it needs though.

Winter is coming! Winter means ice! Ice means ice climbing!

1 comment:

  1. Good job. My dad can tell you what gear Jane needs for a lead, but I think he typically uses Aliens for several of the placements.

    ReplyDelete