Monday, April 26, 2010

Book of Solemnity

I did the Book (10a) with Danny today. It was hard. "5.10" is a different beast in the gym or at Rumney, and at Cathedral or the Gunks. I took some small whips on gear (a pin and a red C3). I pushed my mouth into a tree root, which was like getting punched in the face (ow). I dealt with a lot of horrible rope drag (argh!) and tricky routefinding (argh! argh!). I'm sure if you're a seasoned veteran you would probably laugh at me, but it's going to take some time for me to get up to a seasoned veteran's level of experience, I'm afraid. Some other bad shit went down earlier this weekend but I can't talk about it here. All I can say is climbing is dangerous. Like life.

1 comment:

  1. The Book! Nice Eugene. Do you have any pictures? That's definitely one I wand to do when I get a chance. And I'm lad you're getting out with Danny. Hope all is okay after the mishap.

    ReplyDelete