Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rumney Reportlet

Neal, Hannah, Claire, Jeremy, Chelsea, Philippe, Jonathan, Patrick, a variety of hangers-on, and I pounced on the brief respite from the continuing monsoon-like deluge to get some sport climbing in at Rumney. It was good to get back into projecting mode. Neal and I worked on Orangahang (12a/b), and I think we both made good progress on it. I still don't think I have all the footwork down quite right, but it's good enough that I think I can send it with a bit more endurance. I put Claire on Tropicana (11a), her first 11 outside, and she did great, contrary to pre-mumblings to the contrary. A lot of stuff was really drippy so we didn't do much else. I wanted to get on Flesh for Lulu (12a/b), but there was some camp of precocious teens on it so we went and ate delicious Subway sandwiches instead. I'll try to project that next week. It seems like more my style. Mark Synnott and I are headed out to do some aid climbing this weekend, assuming the clowns at the body shop ever decide to fix my car. Maybe I'll get to lead my first aid climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment